SOLVAY Ryton® PPS (Polyphenylene Sulfide)
- A remarkable combination of both long-term and short-term thermal stability
- Exceptionally high modulus and creep resistance
- Outstanding chemical resistance to a wide variety of aggressive chemical environments
- Precision molding to tight tolerances with high reproducibility
- Inherent non-flammability without flame retardant additives
- Dielectric and insulating properties stable over a wide range of conditions
Looking for plastic adhesives? Please contact us
SOLVAY Ryton® PPS is used in components required to withstand high temperatures, mechanical stress and corrosive automotive fluids. By replacing metal, Ryton® PPS reduces fuel consumption, lowers costs and improves system integration.
Ryton® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) is a semi-crystalline, high-heat polymer that offers exceptional dimensional stability for precision-molded components needing to withstand prolonged, high-temperature service. It is inherently flame retardant and offers chemical resistance comparable to PEEK and fluoropolymers.
In Electrical/Electronic, Ryton® PPS meets performance requirements for connectors, sockets, relays and switches, bobbins and coils, electronic packaging, and encapsulated devices.
For Appliances, Ryton® PPS is used to replace metals, thermosets, and lower performing plastics in motors and controls, pumps, fans and blowers, and E/E components used in HVAC and other demanding applications.
Automotive Electronics, Consumer Electronics, General Industry